Tree moving companies are businesses that specialize in the transplantation of trees. These companies use a variety of methods to move trees, including tree spades, root balls, and bare-root systems. Tree moving companies typically work with the patented arborlift technique, landscapers, and developers to transplant trees from one location to another. In some cases, tree moving companies may also be responsible for the care and maintenance of transplanted trees. Here are five things you didn’t know about tree moving companies.
- Tree moving companies have been around for centuries. The first recorded instance of a tree being moved by human beings dates back to the year 1533 when Pope Clement VII ordered the relocation of a plane tree from Rome to the Vatican gardens. Companies that specialize in the moving of trees didn’t become common until the early 20th century, however.
- The process of tree moving has changed drastically over the years. In the past, trees were moved using teams of horses or oxen. Today, however, tree movers typically rely on mechanical equipment such as cranes and bulldozers to transport trees from one location to another. This has reduced the risk of injury to both humans and animals involved in the tree-moving process.
- There are several different methods that tree moving companies use to transplant trees. The most common methods include tree spades, root balls, and bare-root systems.
- Tree moving is a delicate process. In order for a tree to successfully be transplanted, its root system must remain intact. If even a small portion of the roots are damaged, the chances of the tree surviving decrease significantly. The type of soil in which the tree is being transplanted also plays a role in its survival.
- Not all trees can be transplanted successfully. Trees that are too large or too old typically do not survive the transplantation process. Transporter trucks (especially those with an automated boom arm) have made it possible for taller trees (up to 120 feet)to be moved without incident. Some companies use helicopters to transport trees that are too tall to be moved by truck.
Whether you’re an arborist, landscaper, or developer, it’s important to know about tree moving companies and the services they provide. These businesses have been around for centuries and have perfected the art of transplanting trees from one location to another. Today, there are several different methods that tree moving companies use to transplant trees, including tree spades, root balls, and bare-root systems.